I appreciate the honesty....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ad says its in good shape, but with the tarp over it I suspect a leaky roof. but for 800 bucks you can hardly go wrong unless there is significant water damage. I would check it out. highdesertranger

A lot of people put tarps over rv's in the west. To help protect against developing leaks in the Pacific North West. Lots of rain up here.

tarps are common place on rv's here,lots of rain and freezing temps will kill a rv quick

as far as the 5th wheel,you just have to go and have a look or smell as it is

I wonder what the dry weight is on it?  I don't like 5th wheels because you lose so much pick up bed space while towing them. I do know they are supposed to be easier to tow than a bumper or receiver hitch hook up.  My 40ft fifth wheel flat bed towed great with a 1 ton dually pick up.

My  Mother and her "gentleman caller"  traveled with a 1/2 ton ford truck and 27ft 5th wheel from al to ca to nj and points in between each year until he was in his 70s and became too ill to travel.  They really liked their 5th wheel trailer as they had always used a bumper pull hook up before.

The trailer looks good from what you can see of it  I think it would be a good "tiiny house".  I mean there is a bed, sofa,kitchen, & a bath room.  You can always take out what you don't want and add solar, composting toilet or whatever suits you.   Of course you never know with a older anything that you buy.    Texas Jbird

I thought it was a joke, that the op appreciated the cl poster's honesty in saying  that it was in good shape just don't use it.   :p

highdesertranger said:
ad says its in good shape,  but with the tarp over it I suspect a leaky roof.  but for 800 bucks you can hardly go wrong unless there is significant water damage.  I would check it out.  highdesertranger

The seller does say "Just don't use it" I can believe that...No, I have a van, quite happy and not interested...Just found it funny of a posting...

Tjaybird said:
I wonder what the dry weight is on it?  I don't like 5th wheels because you lose so much pick up bed space while towing them. I do know they are supposed to be easier to tow than a bumper or receiver hitch hook up.  My 40ft fifth wheel flat bed towed great with a 1 ton dually pick up.

My  Mother and her "gentleman caller"  traveled with a 1/2 ton ford truck and 27ft 5th wheel from al to ca to nj and points in between each year until he was in his 70s and became too ill to travel.  They really liked their 5th wheel trailer as they had always used a bumper pull hook up before.

The trailer looks good from what you can see of it  I think it would be a good "tiny house".  I mean there is a bed, sofa,kitchen, & a bath room.  You can always take out what you don't want and add solar, composting toilet or whatever suits you.   Of course you never know with a older anything that you buy.    Texas JbirD

THIS WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME AND ENERGY RESPONDING TO THIS POST...FOOLED ME ONCE  :dodgy:

GUESS I BETTER ADD IMO SO I'LL BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Tjaybird said:
THIS WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME AND ENERGY RESPONDING TO THIS POST...FOOLED ME ONCE  :dodgy:

GUESS I BETTER ADD IMO SO I'LL BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Easy there. It was all in humor....I can't count how many times I respond to postings on another forum that were made 5 years ago....