How to plan an office space?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StacyK said:
 (If this is a bad idea, I feel sure that someone will chime in to say so. ;-) )
Stacy. Naww, that's an interesting idea. Most vans have slanted and curved sides, but the wall attachments could be shimmed.

I got the impression from the very get go that a good ergonomic workspace was of high priority to Nature. Similarly for me, as I do so much computer programming. Therefore, large workspace at the correct height, and good chair, are of #1 concern. Flexibility, like your adjustable shelves is also cool.

Chairs are usually pushed under a desk when not in use. Of course chairs at tables are also pushed in under the table. Not sure how you missed remembering that basic fact. when I get ready to go to bed I put some things on the seat of the chair before I tuck it in under the desk. Then there is still space on the floor around the base of the chair to put things. In the daytime those items get put onto the foot of my bed still leaving me room to sit on my bed.

Secure any type of seat you have with a bungee cord when under way.
IMG_20201023_151648798 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_151648798 (2).jpg
    IMG_20201023_151648798 (2).jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 3
desert_sailing said:
Maybe you could also utilize the passenger seat/area as an office. Seems like the ideal location for a dedicated office space.
After a preliminary inspection on my passenger seat it appeared that it was only attached with 4 bolts. Today I had the great fortune of finding out that indeed those 4 bolts held my seat onto the base. They were super easy to remove.. much easier than I expected and I picked up the seat and flipped her around and re bolted the seat in place.. basically took 5 minutes. It is nice and comfortable and I am now thinking I want a small foot stool. I would love to be at work and have my feet up!

I have no real dedicated office space.. but now I am going to make that reversed seat my office/den area. I will look for some kind of foldable/ articulating table to use..maybe something that folds along the side of the seat and angles up or down.

Maybe you can easily turn your seat as well??? I am over the moon that I did not sacrifice any space and added a whole extra room.. an extra 16 or 20iisj sqft!!...and.. I have a great window view from there!

Check that you can still see your passenger side mirror. I have to swivel the passenger seat back to front facing in my class A to drive as the back of the seat is right in the line of sight to my outside mirror.

Latest posts