how to install plastic tank for diesel heater?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabakusa

Reaction score
i have what you see in the pictures do you have a picture of the final product so i know how to install the pipe in the tank ?
47a7f3eace44e0269e675a0bd623cd1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of youtube videos on how to install the fuel pickup. Just be aware that some of the tanks have a design that makes it impossible to install it in the bottom so a lot of people are installing the line low down on the side. It is good to watch the failure issues as well as the successful methods so you can choose which approach will work best for your tank.

keywords for your search.....Chinese diesel heater fuel line install

all the video i saw they show this type of tank and they don’t show the other type

58233b1bd86d56bf89f0ec41424b2c36.jpg

maki2 said:
There are lots of youtube videos on how to install the fuel pickup. Just be aware that some of the tanks have a design that makes it impossible to install it in the bottom so a lot of people are installing the line low down on the side. It is good to watch the failure issues as well as the successful methods so you can choose which approach will work best for your tank.

keywords for your search.....Chinese diesel heater fuel line install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic below 2kw installed in Econoline, left of side entrance door.  The fuel tank sits in a homemade cradle, and the fuel line is top fed, so no leaks from a faulty port. That also allows moving the tank to the side step for easier filling.  Spray can 90 degree hot air diverter.  Removing the diverter and attaching a flex hose, it becomes a hair dryer and clothes dryer. Hose to shower tent for clothes/towel dryer.

Attachments

• phpSZHYzCAM.jpg
    phpSZHYzCAM.jpg
    27.6 KB
  • phpWNEauDAM.jpg
    phpWNEauDAM.jpg
    41.5 KB
How well you speeky Chinese? Just call the technical assistance line! LOL!!! I would not fill the tank while it is inside the van as diesel is difficult to clean up, in fact I would plan on a plastic tank leaking at some point and build a catch pan or set it in a compartment that could contain the leak. Have you ever had a portable plastic fuel tank that eventually leaked at a seam or broke?

it is pretty easy to find a small bin box or tray to put below the tank. That is how I have handled mine. I have a diesel heater but it is not one of the Chinese imports. I put in a small 4 gallon fuel tank, vented it and plumbed a diesel fuel inlet from a marine source through the sidewall for it. I did that because I did not want to be risking a messy spill inside of my living space. Of course I have marked the side of my tank so I know exactly how many gallons are remaining in it so that I do not overfill it at the pump.