How many pairs of shoes do you keep in your van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread.

Four or five, depending on what fits in the allocated space. Always at least one pair of sandals (this might change come winter), semi-dressy sneakers and dress shoes. Yup, I do dressy events a lot...it's Seattle!

I have a couple more pairs in storage and rotate them. For me the variety makes enough of a tangible difference in my life it's worth the sacrifice in minimalism.

This is my 'shoe drawer'. It came with the van and tucks under the seat completely out of sight. I can keep 3 or sometimes 4 pairs in there, along with some socks and hosiery protected in ziploc bags:

20150908_155650_zps0ejhlvi1.jpg

I also tend to keep a pair of whatever sensible shoes I was last wearing tucked away somewhere in or near the footwell of the driver's side, hence the fourth/fifth pair. Since witnessing a few accidents and having a lot of breakdowns with my last van, I've resolved to never again drive barefoot or in nonsensical shoes.

Otherwise I'm barefoot whenever I get the chance! No slippers for me; all shoes stay in the front and their purpose is to put on before I exit the van or for driving.

A pair of sandals, two pair of ratty tennis shoes and two pair of nice tennis shoes. Barefoot is awesome in the van and at the beach. I have more hats than I do shoes.

1pr Hiking boots, 1pr casual leathers (sketchers), 1pr canvas slip ons.

DON'T EVEN ASK ME HOW MANY SHOES MY WIFE HAS IN THE VAN!!!

Should have bought a 1 ton

; ) Thom