How does one have a blog?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarmonicaBruce

Reaction score
I'm sure there are different ways, so what's the best / easiest / cheapest way?

I've wanted to have a blog for some time, I go to lots of events and will write about them.

Thanks!

I've thought about it as well, but came to a real stumbling block!

I got completely grid-locked when it came to finding a name for the blog!

Suggestions welcome - y'all know me well enough by now.... :D

FYI -- There is a new thread today on how to make money with a blog -- which is a different question really. But some of the blog experts may answer some of the basic questions there, too.

I read the thread about making money with a blog, and thought about posting my question there, but I didn't want to hijack another's thread.  Almost there, I kind of like "Almost there", (or it's corollary "are we there yet?").  What will I call mine, "the adventures of harmonica bruce" sounds kind of dumb.

HarmonicaBruce said:
I read the thread about making money with a blog, and thought about posting my question there, but I didn't want to hijack another's thread.  Almost there, I kind of like "Almost there", (or it's corollary "are we there yet?").  What will I call mine, "the adventures of harmonica bruce" sounds kind of dumb.

Blowing On The Wind..............kind of fits a harp player. ( Billy Boy Arnold still lives by the way..)

I think the easiest are blogspot and wordpress.com. Both and free unless you wan to buy your name.

The problem with them is they both have strict rules about advertsing. If you think you may grow and will care about that, they may not be the best.
Bob

HarmonicaBruce said:
 What will I call mine, "the adventures of harmonica bruce" sounds kind of dumb.

If you are going to post a lot of content about the events you go to then I'd suggest you use a name that references events. Events (versus something like boondocking campsites) would be what sets YOUR blog apart from others about the mobile lifestyle in general.

This is not a snappy name but is just an example of how you might combine the mobile lifestyle with events -- something like "Events for RVers" or "Events of Note for Travelers" or "On the Road to Terrific Events" --- you get the idea. Just write down every idea that you come up with for the next few days. Then play with various combinations. You'll find one that speaks to (and for) your unique perspective.

Latest posts