How do you shave your face= beardless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been cutting my hair for years with a Wahl electric clipper & use it to trim my beard & stash too. The longest I've gone without a haircut was 8 years, but it got annoying. Since leaving high school mid 70's I was clean shaven for a few months in 2010, that didn't last. The guides for the Wahl that I have can have my hair/beard from 1/8" up to 2", current length.

Clean shave twice a week with shave cream and a razor. Cut my hair twice a month with my $12 Wahl clippers I got from Walmart 15 years ago.

I don’t care for the shaggy, unkept look; and I think it effects how you are treated by strangers.

Just my opinion . . .

Gave up the shave and a haircut thing when I stopped wearing suits. Just a ball cap and scrunchy, maybe use a comb when I run across it. :cool:

When boondocking, I generally use a rechargable electric razor.  If I'm not and have hookups, then I use a safety razor.  If I shower while boondocking, then I'll also use the safety razor.  I will shower about every three days when boondocking.

Rechargeable electric razor. I usually keep some stubble unless I really need to be clean shaven.

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but for at least the last 5 years I've used rechargeable clippers to trim everything. Beard, hair, face, .... yup, everything. Prior to that I wasn't a fan of shaving due to irritation and annoyance, so I would get pretty scruffy looking between shaves anyway. Now it's quick and easy to run the clippers over my head, beard, and mustache at a longer setting, and the rest at the shortest setting. I end up sporting a perpetual "five o'clock shadow" but it suits me and gives me that "don't f___ with me" look that tends to discourage trouble.

I invested in a higher quality model that I expected to last, and it has done very well so far: Conair HC1100. It's not even that expensive. Around here the cost of about 4 hair cuts is the break even point.

Hair maintenance is SO much easier when it's less than 1/4" all over. It might just be the best choice I ever made. I did need to invest in some hats though to avoid sunburn and cold.

Agreed. I use the same clippers for my hair that I use for my face. I use a guard that leaves about 1/2" on my head and no guard on my face.

Shaving. Ugh. My least favorite chore ever. But, I hate beards or stubble that's older than two days because my skin is sensitive and it gets itchy and flaky, even in the beard and mustache areas. This is going to be one of my least favorite things about van life.

Currently, I shave in the shower and couldn't be happier. Ease, convenience and no worry about mess. Electric razors irritate my skin. Standing at a sink and shaving just isn't the same.

I've been cutting my own hair for 20+ years, keeping it very short. When I hit the road, I'll most likely stop doing it myself and hit a cheap barber and maybe get a shave while I'm there. My hair grows very slowly so I only need a haircut about four times a year. Shaving, however, is three days a week.

Gone electric. By far the easiest and if I wake up late for an appointment or a job I can even do it in the car. Sounds like it looks funny? Beats all the nose-pickers and snot-rollers.

Haven't been clean shaven since 1978.
Standard Wahl hair clippers with depth attachments for me...usually keep it 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

However, for about 10 years...mid 80s - 90s...I had an old-school barber who took care of it. Used clippers for initial cut, then straight razor for the neck and other edge lines...finished every visit with the old back-of-the-hand massager and a hot towel. After he retired the other guys in the place just didn't have the 'touch'...I've been trimming my beard myself ever since. Man, I miss that guy.

[img=309x169]https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/6555533/il_fullxfull.327146057.jpg[/img] :cool:

I have a class-B.

If I’m boondocking, I use an electric/battery razor (Philips).  When I have hookups, I charge the razor.  It holds a charge for several weeks. 

If I’m at a pay campground with hookups, then I use a bic razor.

SORRY - DUPLICATE POST

If you're not afraid to try new things and have an average steady hand learn how to use a straight razor. Yep, a good ol fashioned razor. They worked for thousands of years. We just got a little spoiled by convenience. I have been using one for a couple of decades now. Close shave and I can dry shave, not as easy. But again with practice it works fine.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Wahl clippers for the hair on top, Mach 3 razor and Barbersol for my face. I shave in the shower at truck stops or ymca with a small mirror or heat some water on the burner and shave in camp.

I shave every day. I have a good electric razor. Usually I am going to work so I need to shave anyways. But even when I'm on long trips I like to shave and shower every day. I like being on the road without feeling like I am on the road. I do have a wet bath that I built into my van so even though I usually shower at the gym every day when I am on the road I still like to keep clean. Most of my time is urban camping so finding water is rarely a problem so I don't worry about how much I use.