How do I find the right place person to work on my van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where~the~wind~blows

Reaction score
OK folks I need advice again, I purchased my fantastic fan vent and a cover, now how do I find the right person to do the work? This is just the beginning of changes being made to "turtle", My goal is to get her summer ready by mid may, work on her interior during the summer and get her winter ready (heating system) by mid September, I had always used temporary things, like the little buddy, but I am ready for a little more hard core stuff, and I am looking at this.... http://www.suremarineservice.com/00-NEW-P9000.aspx?gclid=CKrJ3NT02b0CFaMcOgod1GUAPw this is the cheapest price I have found but haven't look up shipping and such just yet, being on an Island we have lots of marinas that I can call around on...so I have some time.

Then the big plunge solar ..........

Your best bet is to go to the local RV parks and ask for recommendations at the counter. They should be tuned into the local area.

I'd specifically ask about mobile RV techs since they have lower overhead they should be cheaper.

I'm not a fan of RV furnaces, but that looks like a good one for a van. marine stuff us usually top-quality and well suited to vans--although it is also top-dollar. Be sure you find out it's clearances and make sure you can find a place where it gets enough clearance.
Bob

Greetings!

That's not very many BTU's if you run into some really cold weather...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

The CamperVan_Man said:
Greetings!

That's not very many BTU's if you run into some really cold weather...

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man

Hmmm, here I thought it may be too much as the little buddy usually makes it to hot...

(side note I am completely bummed as it looks amazing outside and I will be stuck in my shop working and I really didn't want to come to work this am....sigh)

They have a bigger model....maybe I will look into that...thanks, as I have only spent a very few really cold nights in the turtle, and I usually turned on my butane stove to help with the cold.....

The reason I considered this as my little buddy seems to have staying on issues, even this morning when I went to turn it on the pilot light comes on but it goes out when I turn it to low, this is my second one and I am beginning to think I just have no luck with them...

if the pilot is going out there is a good possibility the thermo-couple is either out of adjustment, dirty or going bad...

I agree with you, if anything it will be too big not too small. That's why i warned about the clearances. I wouldn't even consider anything bigger unless you were looking at below 0 weather.

Here is a post i did on how to clean the orifice on your Mr Buddy which will either fix he problem or it can't be fixed:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/repair-little-buddy-portable-heater/
Bob