How do? and My Mulligan Stew

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJean

Reaction score
How do to you!   It's good to finally be here... I think... yes, it is! ::D

For my intro I'll give a very shortened story of my 2 year journey so far.  You can stop reading at any point. ;)

Actually it began when my last service dog died, almost 3 years now.  The grief still attacks me unawares at times yet.  I secured a new puppy and he'll be 3 on Dec 9th 2016 (this year).   Shortly after rescuing him at 3mo old I realized that my living arrangements needed to change...for various reasons (I'm good at rationalization.) 

After realizing that I just could not afford a Sprinter, and that the wait at that time was several months (didn't realize I would have this much time tbh), I happened onto the "newly" introduced to US market Ford Transit Cargo van... at about half the price of the Sprinter.   Plenty of planning, beginning of downsizing from my 3 bedroom home...and was just about to purchase  (a 2016) when .. checked with upfitter and what i wanted couldn't be done.  Squirreled the deal.    A year went by...still downsizing... :D

I persevered, all the time praying that God would slow things down IRL so I could get this done right and so this last spring (2016)... the salesman said to hurry up because the new 2017s would stop production of the 2016s.  Whoa!  I want NEW.  So I waited with bated breath for the 2017s to be available to the dealers for purchase.  Order went in mid July... delivered end September...but wait!  There's more.

It wasn't the van I ordered!   Oh what a mistake I almost made but GOD... but God...  intervened.

I went to another dealer and have ordered the van again... midst the Hurricane Matthew scare.  So now I wait.

I'm calling the van "Mulligan" because he's a do-over (thank you God)... and all that my dog and I do will be part of our Mulligan Stew!

I'll take you along once I go. Deal?

Is your new pup going to be trained as a service dog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is.  I mean, he is trained ... but that's an ongoing task, daily in fact.  I've begun changing some commands just a tad...in preparation  (instead of "get into the house" it's "go home")   He learns quickly... me, not so much    :D

DrJean! Welcome to the CRVL forums! Can't wait to see pictures of your van! Where are you headed?

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard Dr Jean!
Pls post some pictures of that dog , and his name too!
And when you get Mulligan you can show us the build out as it progresses....
Ask any questions you have about the build and anything else too.

Thanks folks!

I think I've read most of the rules etc. and I have mod'd at two other v bulletin sites so I should be able to figure the nuances here rather quickly...at least I hope so!

Just can't wait to go go go... not sure I want to "be" anywhere for a while...just go! hahaha  But sure, if I can get to Quartzsite 2017 I will... not sure how to schedule that because I do not want to be in the RTR ? fray at all!  That kind of gathering I want to avoid for now.

I'm unsure about how much of a build I'll actually be doing...as that's first an insurance issue. I'll have 6 months of regular coverage and then will have to decide to stay vanilla or insure a conversion if I've done that.  Second, I just don't want a quick build because I don't know where I want what. I am hoping to take along more than I need to see what it is I want to keep...things like books that I just need to review or read one more time before giving it away with the other 300 books I've given away.... my main thing this week ;) and next and next.. is downsizing and being able to clear the house out for sale.  I want to have it ready by the time I get the van...and before the market crashes...and that may also be contingent on some very soon ( unmentionable  political) issues.

I expect I will have a nice new van and I thank God for His working this out... faith that Mulligan will be exactly what I want and need. I also am doing this by choice...

Thanks again for the kind welcomes.
Jean

van cropped.jpgMulligan should look like this after the build.

Attachments

• van cropped.jpg
    van cropped.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 272
Welcome aboard Dr Jean, I look forward to Transit build. I love my 2016 Transit, more every day.

They so messed up my first order of the 2017 transit, I'm wondering if they messed up the paint job too?  All the pics show a nice goldish color but the one I got was a mild champagne creme color.   At this point, as long as it has everything right that I ordered, and isn't stark white, I'll be happy. :D

Hey guys, if it's alright with y'all I'll go by 'doc'    as I see there's another Jean who is active already.  Ahhh my old bowling tag.

DrJean said:
They so messed up my first order of the 2017 transit, I'm wondering if they messed up the paint job too?  All the pics show a nice goldish color but the one I got was a mild champagne creme color.   At this point, as long as it has everything right that I ordered, and isn't stark white, I'll be happy. :D

Hey guys, if it's alright with y'all I'll go by 'doc'    as I see there's another Jean who is active already.  Ahhh my old bowling tag.

White Gold? 
Not so bad at all. 
I agree about the white, we were shopping and it seems that 99% of the Transit Connects ever made are White!!!!! 

Dave

All transits I think are created bright white!  But the cargo vans I know also come in bright blue, yellow, green, and red along with usual commercial colors of blah and bland hahaha

What's good though, for me, is that the inside won't be white but the same color as the exterior (dipped or overall sprayed).  IDK if I had a bright blue if I'd want that inside too :s  

It's only been 3 weeks since my second order!  Sigh.  

How do again!

My Mulligan is again delayed... Build date is now December 5th  but due to holidays... FORD takes 10 days or more off (depending upon the line, delivery system) his delivery date isn't until JANUARY 21st!   Then I have to wait for the ramp install too.

Needless to say I am once again disappointed, but not a great deal as I tend to find getting my hopes up just aren't worth the disappointments and I would prefer to be pleasantly surprised. :D

I did have to move the roll of prodex out of my living room though....

Whew! God is showing me patience I guess.

IDK if I posted all the issues I've had...gone through...in trying to buy a new Transit for my wheeled home... but the one I ordered is not the one that came in. Turns out, it wasn't just mine, and the guy who ordered from FL at the same time who also had to refuse the one that came in... as NOW I see on the FordtransitUSAforum.com site that others waiting for their deliveries have been told there is a delay and a Quality Control Hold at the factory in KS (where they're built). It appears that delay is an additional 5 weeks!

I'm glad in one way, that my Mulligan (my do-over) will come as I ordered it due to this second QC check.
I'm hoping my January 21st delivery includes that... and not that I have to wait until March 1st! All Ford financial incentives will be gone by then maybe...and my patience??? :D

Just FYI I added my blog link to my siggie. . . I'll have to see if when I do my build if I will put pics there or not... but alas that's not til 2017~ :p

Yep I wonder if they were in the midst of plans to move it to Mexico hahahah OR if they really did have a mole trying to mess things up? OR if someone messed with their computer ordering..they had just changed format from what I heard....

I can always pray that they will solve the problem quickly and MAYBE I will get my van BEFORE the holiday shut down? Well. One can hope.

I think I'll take a break from here. Maybe I don't fit in.

People complaining about my font, whether I use bold or not, my siggie, all of which I removed/stopped... and confusion over my posting when I welcomed someone... so maybe it isn't all of you but it's enough to run me off for now. Thanks. I really feel disappointed as I thought I had found a niche too.

Just wanted to fit in. Someone doesn't want me here. I won't fight.

Have a good Thanksgiving to God. He brought the first settlers through and He will bring you through too... and me. :D

I don't know what happened...but please don't leave! I always enjoyed your input.

Jean,
Your fonts have always looked okay to me.. that I can remember. But complaining about something like that is bizarre.

If someone in particular is harassing you, let one of the mods know. That person should be gone and not you.

Hope you'll stick around and not judge everyone by the posts of a few.

So sorry to hear about the huge problems you've had. You decide on the right van for you and you get this grief!