Hospitals good for personal cleaning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SweetMarie1965 said:
A note about hotels... the front desk usually knows. I was a front desk clerk for a time... The hotel notices, you can be sure of it. I caught many people, the police visited regularly. I knew who was checked in and who wasn't; we all did. It was a good hotel, a national well-known chain where I worked...

I also worked the front desk at large chain hotels (Hampton & Red Roof). You have no idea what a money loser the breakfasts are. And yes, we have had to call the cops on folks who were not staying in the hotel or had no friends/family staying there. Normally, we would just tell them to leave.

we had a guy the other day who wouldnt leave or pay. he came down when we threatened police. When we tried to run his card to pay for the day and it was rejected, he immediately felt ill and passed out on the floor. the maid found huge bottles of liquor in his room mostly gone. the liquor prolly cost what the room was worth. maybe he had alchohol poisoning but i think he was trying to beat the check. some people.

Isn't there a thread here somewhere on using (paying for) day-use of health clubs?
I found a health club near me that offers access several different ways:
- Single day use.
- punch-card, with 4 days on it
- monthly fee (highest cost)(the two above are low priced in hopes of getting new members)
- yearly membership fee.

BUT, what I really like about this club is that they:
- serve free coffee (till the large pot is gone, mid-morning)
- give free hand towels upon entry
- have TV lounge w WiFi (at the front desk)
- hot tub, pool, sauna, machines, free-weights, spin class, yoga (HEY, Yoga is a GREAT thing for anyone that is cramped up, old, or need to work on their range of motion or posture -- like I do.)
- and of course SHOWERS, praise be.

Me, I'll go in twice in a single day, sometimes :cool:
(and of course the yoga instructor is jaw-dropping amazing)

Hospitals are one the best places to catch a virus, staph infection, etc. NO THANKS. Big hospitals with giant lobbies, you can walk around and no one usually knows nor care if you belong there. You just can't go there everyday or they'll know.