Honda Odyssey - Floor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allofJules

Reaction score
Has anyone built a level floor inside a (2009) Honda Odyssey?  The floor is sloped and has several levels, I am looking to bring it all up to the highest level and have storage underneath in the lower parts.  It would need to have an access point to get to the storage "hatch" behind the front  seats also.  My current plan is to cut some plywood to the exact size and work with small pieces of 2*2 to support the various heights. . . I would love to see how anyone else has solved this.

Thanks!
Jules

My son's been bitching recently about this very issue with my Odyssey. I'm still trying to decide whether I even want to level it out. I like to sleep with my head slightly elevated anyway. He built me a platform with poles that will double as a camp table (separate longer poles). When used as a bed, 3 Lowe's gray plastic boxes are stored underneath.

He's also talking about building a level floor but then it would be even more difficult to sit up while on the platform bed.

I put a floor in my Sienna. Lost almost 2" in the front but it sure makes things easier for building and keeps the seat mounts hidden.

Attachments

• carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    94 KB
  • revised bench 1.jpg
    revised bench 1.jpg
    86.3 KB
I see no need for a level floor in a space you can't even walk in. I'd want every inch of headroom for kneeling / sliding / crawling around.

The sleeping platform can easily be leveled independently, and those bits that are "permanent" provide the storage.

I know many don't want to rip apart the interior plastic walls, but if you do, custom cabinets give lots of opportunities to use those little deep cubbyholes between the support struts.

Taking out the front passenger seat gives **lots** of space for battery bank, big fridge even a custom chuckbox, freeing up a lot of clear space in the back.

If you really need lots more storage space a roof rack and/or hitch-mounted box is great, but for lighter gear, watch that center of gravity!

Those are all good points. I'm glad I have a flat surface but loosing a few inches in such a small space is significant.

I'm currently building a bed(frame is done) in my sienna that goes from a single bed to a double bed. I decided to just build legs in the front to make the bed level. I don't want to lose inches and due to the slant of the floor that means I gain inches in the front under the bed for storage. This is where I plan on putting my batteries for my electrical system. They won't fit under the bed in the rear, but because I rained everything an inch in the build, now I have enough room to fit them in the front. Something to think about.