Home in Oregon, winters in AZ.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugemoth

Reaction score
Newish to this forum but not new to van/camper living. I own a house in Oregon but spend winters in AZ living in my camper. My rig is a 24 year old Toyota pickup that I bought new, with a home built camper with a 53 year old all steel pop top that I salvaged from a 1964 Ford Travelwagon van. I haul with me a Chinese quad for exploring remote areas and a modified 50 year old Honda Trail 90 for street legal use. Over my 64 years I've lived in an early 60s GMC step van, 16' Shasta trailer, homemade camper on a 62 Ranchero, and various other rigs. Most of my travels have been by  motorcycle. 

I've always been a early adopter of technology. First installed a solar PV system on my house 32 years ago and have been off grid since then. My camper also has a small solar PV system. 

The last couple of years I've noticed the RTR gathering on Mitchel Mine Rd in Quartzsite but didn't know what it was. Now that I know, I'll stop by and say hi and see what I can learn. My favorite places to spend the winter are Alamo Lake, Bouse Mtns, and other places in the general area. I often camp with friends down here who fly powered parachute ultralight aircraft but I don't haul mine down because my little truck can only haul so many toys.

Anyway if you see an old guy with long hair and beard putt putting around on a a very quiet camo quad, stop me and say hello. Especially if it's around 4:20 pm.

Welcome Hugemoth to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. stop by my camp and say hi. I am not hard to find. see you there. highdesertranger

Welcome,
Where abouts in Oregon are you?  We have quite a few folks from up this way on CRVL.  Always glad to have more.

Nelda

Sounds like you are making the most out of life, think I saw your rig a few years ago possibly, best wishes hopefully I'll be there for the RTR as well and welcome

Sounds like you are making the most out of life, think I saw your rig a few years ago possibly, best wishes hopefully I'll be there for the RTR as well and welcome.