Holiday the Shuttle Bus

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good size. Ive looked at some like it online.

I keep seeing the wheelchair lifts and wondering if they could lift my motorcycle into the back. Length would be a factor with the weight rating and extra leverage.

It's a good size for me. It's 22 feet long, and about 6 foot of head clearance inside. I'll probabaly lose a couple inches, but it will still be plenty for me.

The chairlift weights 400 pounds, the capacity is 800 pounds. Mine will be coming out. The gross weight of this vehicle (E350) is 12,500 pounds.

It's a good size for me. It's 22 feet long, and about 6 foot of head clearance inside. I'll probabaly lose a couple inches, but it will still be plenty for me.

The chairlift weights 400 pounds, the capacity is 800 pounds. Mine will be coming out. The gross weight of this vehicle (E350) is 12,500 pounds.

That would be enough for the motorcycle. That answers that question. Thanks!

I think it will make a nice nomadic home

All the following progress is thanks to Thomas (from the Box Truck Project thread) from this point forward, I'm just reporting the progress = )

Under the bus, damaged plastic material was removed and the wood under the bus was completely painted with flex seal to protect from water intrusion.

Leaks inside were found/repaired. A few weak points in the floor (along the side/near some windows) were repaired with wood and bondo. (Great stuff from under the bus)

Floor was insulated and painted OSB board placed.

Windows that will be covered was painted with left over flex seal.

Attachments

• painted floor.jpeg
    painted floor.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • painted windows inside1.jpeg
    painted windows inside1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • painted windows inside2.jpeg
    painted windows inside2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Thinsulate insulation was installed on the walls and ceiling.

A 22 foot shuttle bus used 60 linear feet of Thinsulate and 8 (14.6 oz) cans of 3M Hi-strength 90 Contact adhesive.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Almost forgot... He removed the old, broken emergency hatch. Allowed it to dry for a couple days. Removed all the rotten wood and cardboard. Glued in wood and bondo'ed to seal. Installed new emergency hatch.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Very excited for you, Kyz! Thank you for the photos. Glad you found a competent builder. Won't be long now, before you'll be on the road in your custom built home.

Covering the lower portion of the windows will give you so much more living space and privacy.

It’s looking like something a person could live in… I have a friend in the same size shuttle here helping me through now my recovery stage of surgery… she loves her shuttle bus… your wise having it done as you are…

Latest posts