Hi, I'm Ron, and I'm a VanDweller...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcm89

Reaction score
I've been a nomad all my life...dad was in the Army when I was growing up, so roots never took hold. At last count I'd traveled to 43 countries, lived in 5, as well as 8 towns in 4 states in the US. I've had my van since 2002. It now has 112k miles on it and has been in 47 of the lower 48 states [somehow I missed Delaware], most of Canada, and all the way up to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. Since 2008, my <a target="_blank" href="http://www.volente.us/Trailer/" class="postlink" rel="nofollow" onclick="this.target='_blank';">30 ft travel trailer</a> is my fulltime home, but it stays parked in a San Antonio RV park because it's more trouble and expensive to drag around than it's worth, so my wandering, usually 3 or 4 months in summer to northern and/or higher-elevation locations, and 2 or 3 months in winter to Florida or the Slabs/Quartsite, is done just with <a target="_blank" href="http://www.volente.us/Van/" class="postlink" rel="nofollow" onclick="this.target='_blank';">Serenity, my van</a>. Both van and trailer are completely self-contained with large water/waste tanks and solar-charged battery banks. I have my own business doing web server and other internet programming and can work anywhere I can get an internet connection and cellphone signal. This past year I've been hanging pretty close to San Antonio, repaying my 88 year old mom for doing such a good job raising me by taking care of her in her golden years. I still get away whenever I can though.

Welcome Ron, delighted you are. Most of you don't know Ron, but I do and I think of him as one of the best people I have ever known. We will all be glad he is here.<br><br>Butterfly we are all glad you've joined us and hope we can be of help as you follow your dreams. I'm sure you read Charlene's story in "Inspiring&nbsp; Vandweller!" She is 65 and lives and travels in her van and her life has dramatically improved&nbsp; because of it. If she can do it, so can you! Are you and your husband thinking about going fulltime in an RV. The majority of fulltime RVers are your age or older. Your age shouldn't normally restrict you at all.&nbsp; Welcome again! Bob <br>

good to hear your story Ron,&nbsp; Welcome Butterfly also !<br>

Hi Ron....good to see you here. I always smile when I see a post from you...remembering how we met in Port Townsend the first time.....you have a lot to offer and glad to have you as a friend...I second Bob's comments....<br>Bri<br><br>

Thanks, guys!<br><br>Yeah, Bri...how many Chinookies with a baby Honda strapped on back can there be in one little town?!<br>

I know! Or a very cool Sportmobile at the corner I am turning on?<br>Bri<br><br>