Hi from new user

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtv

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kurt.  I'm 46 live in the Bay Area and tired of this place - I grew up here.  My kids live in the area too and know for years I've been tired of the smog, traffic, crowds and now getting the itch to hit the road.

I got started researching by seeing two of JimInDenver's youtube videos because one thing I *will* need is internet for work.

My next step is what to pick, I've been looking at a new or used ForestRiver Microlite to tow with my ML320 which can tow 5000lbs.  

I hope to meet some of you someday, although I don't like the heat so my treks mainly will be along the Pacific Northwest but wouldn't mind a winter in Boca Raton someday.

Happy Trails!
Kurt

Welcome to the CRVL forums Kurt!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

kurtv said:
Hi, I'm Kurt.  I'm 46 live in the Bay Area and tired of this place - I grew up here.  My kids live in the area too and know for years I've been tired of the smog, traffic, crowds and now getting the itch to hit the road.

I got started researching by seeing two of JimInDenver's youtube videos because one thing I *will* need is internet for work.

My next step is what to pick, I've been looking at a new or used ForestRiver Microlite to tow with my ML320 which can tow 5000lbs.  

I hope to meet some of you someday, although I don't like the heat so my treks mainly will be along the Pacific Northwest but wouldn't mind a winter in Boca Raton someday.

Happy Trails!
Kurt
Hi Kurt!
I too live in the Bay Area and am sick of the rat race here as well. Will you attend the RTR in January?
Cheers,
Malcolm (Malkey)

Malkey said:
Hi Kurt!
I too live in the Bay Area and am sick of the rat race here as well. Will you attend the RTR in January?
Cheers,
Malcolm (Malkey)

Possibly, I probably will not have my RV yet so I'd be with my SUV.  I don't know much about the RTR, and may need to stay few nights in a motel or maybe even camp out in my SUV.

kurtv said:
Possibly, I probably will not have my RV yet so I'd be with my SUV.  I don't know much about the RTR, and may need to stay few nights in a motel or maybe even camp out in my SUV.

There are a lot of us camping in cars and SUV’s at the rtr and even longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk