Hi Everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SukhaSeeker

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm a 60 year old single mom of 3 grown assed adults that are almost out on their own and self sufficient.  I live in Ontario Canada.

I've been researching (and blogging - isn't everyone?) nomad life and van dwelling as my retirement plan.  Now it's turned into my 'semi retirement' plan if I can convince my boss that I can 'work at home' permanently.

I always dreamed of retiring into a little trailer and travelling around in it - I didn't honestly know it was a 'thing' until recently and, that it was a BIG thing until watching Nomadland.  Now I'm laser focused on making this a reality for me - even if it's a little far off.

I've started scouting out for a van, and while I do that I am eating up all the videos of various van builds and I'm just so excited about the whole thing!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone posting here - I think it's going to be great to chat with actual people doing this while I work to join you.

Lisa

I watch several YouTube channels of those that live in Canada. You have a beautiful country to explore! Bob has so many videos on the how to of living mobile. And this forum have so many that are generous with the planning and how to of being free!!

Welcome!!

Shyian said:
I watch several YouTube channels of those that live in Canada.  You have a beautiful country to explore!  Bob has so many videos on the how to of living mobile.  And this forum have so many that are generous with the planning and how to of being free!!

Welcome!!
Thank you!  I agree Canada is beautiful - however the climate is not always so beautiful so as well as travelling Canada, I plan to spend a fair amount of time exploring the U.S. (hopefully by the time I get to that, the Covid crisis will be in the rearview).  There are so many more options for warmer climate in winter south of our border - otherwise, the only possibility for a less than frozen winter experience is British Columbia - also beautiful but quite a journey from Ontario and not at ALL inexpensive.

Welcome Sukha to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger