Hi Everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband is already a member, so I figured I might as well join and hopefully make some new nomadic friends. We currently live on a small 4.85 acre organic farm that we have up for sale in Indiana and will be full time nomads by next summer. My husband is in the process of converting a 1 ton 15 pass. Ram van to an RV for himself. Since I have a business and a couple of big dogs, we have decided that he will pull a separate travel trailer for me. I have been a jewelry designer for the past 30 years and will be taking the business on the road. We are going to try and make it to Quartsite for the RTR in January and hopefully meet some of you there.

Welcome!

Hopefully that organic farm doesn't sell out to s GMO farm when you're gone. :( Good luck!

Welcome to the CRVL forums, NomadicNotions! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

See you in Q!

kyonu said:
Welcome!

Hopefully that organic farm doesn't sell out to s GMO farm when you're gone. :( Good luck!

Nope. Not big enough. We have chickens and fruit trees. We are very anti GMO.

Welcome NomadicNotions!! Quartzsite is a jewelry makers paradise so I thing you will love it! Bring some stuff to sell and you might do pretty good.

I'm a big fan of a van pulling a travel trailer, I think you will find it serves you very well for your new life!
Bob

akrvbob said:
Welcome NomadicNotions!! Quartzsite is a jewelry makers paradise so I thing you will love it! Bring some stuff to sell and you might do pretty good.

I'm a big fan of a van pulling a travel trailer, I think you will find it serves you very well for your new life!
Bob

Thanks Bob. I've been to Quartsite for the Gem shows, but this will be my first RV one. My husband is a Master Electrician and currently works for Schneider Electric. He is doing all the conversion of his van by himself (except for any sewing of curtains, etc., which will be me). Needless to say, it will be solar and outfitted in overkill! I am hoping to have both of ours done by the time we need to leave for AZ.

NomadicNotions said:
Nope. Not big enough. We have chickens and fruit trees. We are very anti GMO.
Glad to hear it! Kind of a sad notion to think you're not big enough for the GMO market; really puts it into perspective how many organic farmers are really left... They're getting hit harder and harder every year. Ugh.

kyonu said:
Glad to hear it! Kind of a sad notion to think you're not big enough for the GMO market; really puts it into perspective how many organic farmers are really left... They're getting hit harder and harder every year. Ugh.

While we are trying to be organic here and non GMO, we are surrounded on all sides by big farms that spray chemicals and grow corn and soy beans. I'm pretty sure they are all gmo. Our choice is to sell out and move away as i'm sure that the reason I keep getting sick is because of the chemicals that keep drifting to our place.