Herc ovens

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where~the~wind~blows

Reaction score
Not sure if somebody has posted about these ovens yet, but they run on tea lights and for those of you yurning for baked goods, this is a foldable oven, it's pricey, but what a comfort food maker if your a lover of such as I am.... I have a camp chef oven/stove top but the problem with that is it's always set up, it's not a real problem but I rarely use it during the summer months, this thing would be perfect because it can be folded away...

http://www.titanreadywater.com/HERC-XXL--Tea-Light-Candle-Oven-made-in-the-USA_p_103.html

$390 !!!

Coleman camp oven also folds, makes cookies, corn bread, muffins, etc............works over various heat sources, but your basic propane burner is most common..... $40.

I also bought a $10 hot plate, a cake pan to hold wood chips, made a steel ring from a 3 inch strip of thin stainless with a few pop rivets, and I can smoke a 4-5 pound pork shoulder in the thing as well (when on shore power).

I think I'll try putting tea candles in my wood chip pan and see how hot I can get the oven. :)