Help Me Spend My Money...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headache said:
The dealer claimed it had a zero in front of that. 
Now I don't like calling anybody a liar, but I went out and looked at it today. It would be impossible to have a zero in front as it only has five digits. so no telling if it has been rolled over. I suspect it has after looking at it up close and personal.
My over all opinion is that it would still make a great camper for somebody that is both mechanically inclined and is handy with repairs and upkeep. I noted that the driver side front tire had a different pattern, suggesting a possible front end problem?
The salesman's name was Stan. I let Stan start it, and he had to pump it a bit, but after several tries, it seemed to run fairly good.
The back door handle was broken, and there was something wrong with the drivers side door as well. Stan had to enter from the passenger side and reach across to open the drivers door. The rear bumper is nice and heavy duty. The temperature and amp gauges worked, the gas did not. Don't know about the speedo as I didn't take it out. The seats were pretty raggedy. The back was fairly nice, and the benches on either side were long enough to be beds.
Like I said, it would make a really nice camper with work, but I don't think this one is for you. Just my two cents.

Headache said:
  I owe you a dinner or at the very least a beer or gas money.  Name it.
Nope, you don't owe me anything. Besides, I have now satisfied my own curiosity. 
Not to say I wouldn't have a beer with you if we ever meet up down the road somewhere.

DannyB1954 said:
seen these?

Yep, #1 was absolutely my favorite candidate but both 1 and 5 are above my price range at this time.  That and my buddy isn't available for looking at stuff until next week.  I'm also realizing that the more I look, the more I really like windows.  I don't/won't have to worry about being stealthy.  The few cargo vans I've been in made me feel closed in.

Dennis said:
https://amarillo.craigslist.org/cto/6056471027.html  

May not be much help if you were interested but I will probably be going through Amarillo in less than two weeks.  If I weren't already invested in time and money in what I have, I would be taking a look at it for myself.

Thanks for contributing and that would definitely be a contender but Amarillo as much as I love it is too far for me to travel.  I'm pushing it looking in El Paso while trying to keep my desperation under wraps.  Anyone near Smell Paso?

https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/6046442283.html

The first one in the list posted by Dennis looks very good to me too, with one caveat, I promised myself I would not buy another Ford in that vintage range. :dodgy:

Ballenxj said:
Now I don't like calling anybody a liar, but I went out and looked at it today. It would be impossible to have a zero in front as it only has five digits. so no telling if it has been rolled over. I suspect it has after looking at it up close and personal.
My over all opinion is that it would still make a great camper for somebody that is both mechanically inclined and is handy with repairs and upkeep. I noted that the driver side front tire had a different pattern, suggesting a possible front end problem?
The salesman's name was Stan. I let Stan start it, and he had to pump it a bit, but after several tries, it seemed to run fairly good.
The back door handle was broken, and there was something wrong with the drivers side door as well. Stan had to enter from the passenger side and reach across to open the drivers door. The rear bumper is nice and heavy duty. The temperature and amp gauges worked, the gas did not. Don't know about the speedo as I didn't take it out. The seats were pretty raggedy. The back was fairly nice, and the benches on either side were long enough to be beds.
Like I said, it would make a really nice camper with work, but I don't think this one is for you. Just my two cents.

The title wont lie - box A its original miles,  box b its rolled over.   I think Box c is unknown mileage. They can send you a picture of the title.

Alcatraz said:
:D  That would be my choice right there!

This is a 1/2 ton, and the top is not high enough to stand up in. If you are interested, 
 I have to go to Las Vegas on the 31st for a Dr. appointment. The deal will be between you and them, but I could go have a look. 
Contact them and explain where you are and a local friend will come have a look. Tell them it will be a cash deal, not some sort of out of town scam. Get phone # so I can coordinate with them.

CautionToTheWind said:
One in Las Vegas is SPAM! https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/6022902155.html

Most that end in a "funny" number ($1498 in this case) are spam. "too good to be true" I flag many of these on CL. Beware! :D

Other than the price, how did you determine that? When I google searched the image, the pics were unique. Some sellers think $1,498 looks better than $1,500.00. A person from a foreign country using ez instead of easy doesn't seem to fit. Any add can be a scam, but without careful investigation I am not so quick to generalize. No I would not give them personal info other than my phone number, (apparently everybody already has it anyway). And they would get no money until I was at the vehicle with a title.

CautionToTheWind said:
Most that end in a "funny" number ($1498 in this case) are spam. "too good to be true" I flag many of these on CL. Beware! :D
Or dealers trying to sell in the private owner section.

DannyB1954 said:
This is a 1/2 ton, and the top is not high enough to stand up in. If you are interested, 
 I have to go to Las Vegas on the 31st for a Dr. appointment. The deal will be between you and them, but I could go have a look. 
Contact them and explain where you are and a local friend will come have a look. Tell them it will be a cash deal, not some sort of out of town scam. Get phone # so I can coordinate with them.

Thanks I love the fact that you offered , nice to know that their are people like you here.
 I just picked 1 up locally. 
I would be willing to do the same for anyone seeing anything they like in the greater Phoenix area.

CautionToTheWind said:
Forewarned is forearmed. Best of luck.

So I take it you used the guess method. 
Makes me wonder how many genuine posts that you have flagged.

I've had a fair number of CL posts wrongfully flagged, I imagine if I posted the scooter I'm still buying from the bank for what I actually owe on it it'd get flagged, because it's an 'funny' number

CautionToTheWind said:
Forewarned is forearmed. Best of luck.

If you want to believe that feel free but otherwise leave those of us who do use that kind of pricing alone and stop insinuating that we are all spammers!  I've been pricing that way for YEARS and not only am I NOT A SPAMMER I'm really getting irritated with this kind of blanket accusation.  Please leave the OFF TOPIC fortune telling out of my thread. Thank you.