Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THACO

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am hoping to start the lifestyle towards the end of the year. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have a similar story as many [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]of us and am looking for freedom and healing.[/font]

I have an opportunity to have a 2007 Ford Freestyle gifted to me but need to to have a mechanic check out the vehicle before I commit (I have heard the transmissions have issues).  If I was to buy all of the materials and bring them to the RTR what is the chance of someone helping me install a solar system? Or anyone in the Austin, TX area willing to help out? I don't have the mental energy to handle it alone, unfortunately. 

Take care and be well!

Welcome Thaco to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome THACO!!! Just take it slow. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just keep some of the old things until you feel comfortable doing it this way. Just remember, you can always go back to paying more, more work, etc. if you want to. I hope you find a buddy. I was not able to in my local area, so I found a buddy here on this forum WITH THE SAME TYPE OF VEHICLE AS MINE. He took me "under his wing" and answered my endless questions. I initiated 100% of the questions, so reach out. We are glad you are here!

Welcome thaco. I’m not quite clear I don’t think. Someone is giving you a rig and you won’t take it till a mechanic checks it? It’s a 2007???!

That wouldn’t be a hard decision for most of us here.

The rtr has been a bit different the last couple of years. People didn’t actually camp out where the seminars were held. There were groups all over the desert instead and everyone camped wherever they could.

Cammalu said:
Welcome thaco. I’m not quite clear I don’t think. Someone is giving you a rig and you won’t take it till a mechanic checks it?  It’s a 2007???!

That wouldn’t be a hard decision for most of us here.
These vehicles are known for having very expensive mechanical issues. I want to make sure the free rig won’t cost more  money than another vehicle in better condition. Am I nervously overthinking things? Probably most certainly! ?