Hello !

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldwing Nomad

Reaction score
First , I'd like to thank Bob for this forum and all of his videos ! I started living in my first vehicle back in 1972. It was a 1960 Rambler station wagon, her name was "BERTHA". Blacked out windows helped with the boondocking, (never got bothered) I've got over 3 million miles in an 18 wheeler and now my career is over, I'm going to venture out as a minimalist traveling and living in a vehicle with a lot less rubber. I'm ready for a great adventure to see what is beyond the interstate.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Goldwing Nomad! Congratulations on your retirement! It'll' be wonderful to have the time to explore what you've been driving past, for so many years! Have you found your home on wheels, already?

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Goldwing Nomad said:
I'm going to venture out as a minimalist traveling and living in a vehicle with a lot less rubber.

Welcome, Goldwing Nomad! Am I to interpret that as, you're boondocking on a bike?

Thanks for the welcome ! The key word I guess was living "in" a vehicle. Two wheels is way too minimalist for me ! I'll be starting out in a dodge ram quad cab which I have now pulling a fiberglass 16ft trailer. I'm adding creature comforts now and should be ready for the RTR 2019.

Goldwing Nomad said:
Thanks for the welcome !  The key word I guess was living "in" a vehicle. Two wheels is way too minimalist for me ! I'll be starting out in a dodge ram quad cab which I have now pulling a fiberglass 16ft trailer. I'm adding creature comforts now and should be ready for the RTR 2019.

Awesome! I hope I see you there!  :cool: