Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scout

Reaction score
Im new to vandwelling.I dont even have a van yet.I did sleep in my truck for 2 weeks when i went to California from ohio. That is the extent of my experience but im looking foward to getting a van and changing my life. Im into hiking and canoeing and im trying to figure out how im going to carry my canoe and not block the solar.
I'll likely be getting a chevy express becuase i like how "normal" they look. Seems good for stealth. Its nice to be here and hopefully ill make it to the RTR someday.

My already built Express is in the Trading Post section for sale. As for carrying the canoe, I'd probably opt for an inflatable model since all things space saving are nice for vandwelling. If that isn't an option, you might be able to get away with a pair of panels mounted long ways with the van along the edges and then the canoe strapped to the middle. Providing it is narrow enough it can only ever shade one panel at a time but neither around noon when you are getting maximum solar input. The inflatable is probably your best bet though since you will never achieve stealth with a roof mounted canoe, haha.

Hi Scout and welcome! Those Chevy Express models do have a nice look to them. My solar is 200w portable. However we stay parked for 2 week plus stints. If your driving a lot or stealthing, then portables prob not a great option. Best of luck to ya and hope to meet ya at a RtR some day!

Hey there. I am in the process of building out an express too. Started back in January, it has been a long interesting process. I got the panels (2x260w) mounted over the weekend. Yesterday was my first day of collecting solar. It was a happy day! Welcome to the forum!

--jg