Hello vanners

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricovan

Reaction score
Newbie, but vans are literaly in my blood. Vans put bread on the table, family was in the business during the 70's van boom. Hippie van, passenger, jon boat roofed camper vans, compact RV's, we had them all as new demos, and I rode in them as a kid.

Was sad to see vans dispersal in the 90's- 2000's. My awd astro did everything and more than suv's do. Went through the mud truck phase in 1980's as a young man and came back to vans in 1990. Been there ever since a bear in northern mn (no grizz here thank god lol) almost collapsed my tent in lates 80's...tents suck.

I dont live in vans, maybe some day? Use them for outdoor camping trips ect. and general hualing. Was a M/C Endoro  racer and trail rider 20 years, many use vans to haul and sleep in, as starts and riding areas are in remote locations. More of a mnt biker today.

Dont know when I'll upgrade to something bigger, I've had 4 regular size vans. These newer bigger, + semi-efficient ones are looking better every year. I buy used 10 year old stuff, so it will be a while. Mopar minivan today, still recovering from the "soccer van" stigma lol. Smaller than an astro. Wish it was 5" taller, I'm 6ft. was a snow bird van- no winters, good deal, it works for now. I want to build interior than is easily removable, as I haul stuff with it on occasion.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Ricovan! You'll fit right in here! :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Ricovan and welcome. Sounds like you have plenty of experience with lots of different type vans. Hope to hear some of that experience come out on the forums here! Also, removable interior would be awesome! Best of luck!