Hello - survival conversion project in NYC area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anothertry

Reaction score
I'm working on a "survival build" for a recent Ram Promaster 2500 van to use for living in the Southern NY area outside of NYC.

My budget is small, my needs are basic and I would like to use ecological materials when possible and affordable.
My general philosophy is to keep it simple when possible, modular, flexible, etc.

I will be posting questions as well as sharing some info that may help some people.
I recommend Bob's book and youtube channel and the urban car living reddit page if you're just getting started.

Welcome and good luck, anothertry.
There is a lot of info here, and you can always ask if you can't have your questions answered by the existing posts.

I'm trying to post a thread but can't preview, post or save as draft - I get an error:

404 — Fancy meeting you here!
Don't panic, we'll get through this together. Let's explore our options here.
You can return ← Home or search for the page you were looking for.

Keep in mind that frequently the most ecological materials to work with are scraps/used. Although you have to be careful with wood - sometimes it's been treated with substances that make it toxic.

Welcome anothertry to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Thanks for the replies so far, it looks like I can post now.
I have a few more threads to wrap up and then I'll be searching the forum and updating my posts so others can also find some answers.