Hello from Wisco

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klupduck

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1995 chevy p30, 15' cargo, double back doors, sliding bulkhead, and lift gate. It's in great condition, and the interior came with walls, all covered in business carpet, and a 6.5' room on one side, looking for ideas to not have to tear it out. Also, will the carpet cause moisture issues? There is an onboard 5.5kw generator also, but I'll be adding 400w solar. Any advice is welcome! Take care!

Link to pics of the van https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/196444502213927/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

Any advice on reducing road noise from the dogbox, etc, would be awesome.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Klupduck! Congratulations! It looks great. There are a few threads in "Misc Vehicles" that may provide some answers to your questions.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Klupduck. That rig looks like it has lots of potential. Enjoy it

That will make a nice deck at any level... truck looks in good shape! Endless possibilities. First thing would investigate what the steps will be to get from being a commercial vehicle to personal or recreational... I like that it has an onboard generator. Not sure about the room... but there are lots of videos out there and forum thread on different vehicular types with some knowledgeable people chiming in. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_162304294s.JPG
    IMG_20201103_162304294s.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201103_163208686s.JPG
    IMG_20201103_163208686s.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 3
That actually looks a lot like the insulated bags that my imperfect produce comes in, like a high-density bubble wrap sandwiched in mylar...I appreciate the tip!