Hello from Virginia.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some thoughts on cargo trailer versus RV:

1) It's not a matter of IF the roof leaks, it's only a question of WHEN? First year? Firth year? Ten years? There's no telling, except the certainty that it will leak.The quality of most RVs, especially the cheap ones, is very poor. On the other hand a cargo trailer should be trouble-free for decades.
2) The ground clearance, height and width of an RV will limit your backcountry travels.
3) Think RVs were built like crap? Wait tell you start taking them on some bad roads!
4) Yes, they will have all the amenities you think you want, but you probably don't really want them and many of them are so poorly designed as to make them unusable.

The exceptions to this diatribe are the fiberglass "egg" trailer like Cassita and Scamp. But be ready to pay big bucks and they aren't perfect either.
Bob

Bob is spot on about the RV's. until you spend big bucks for a 4x4 RV they are not made to take off road. highdesertranger

eDJ_ said:
Greetings from West Virginia (southern Ohio & eastern Kentucky)  LOL  I live in a Tri-State area. 

Let me offer you this video as it should be approximately what you are thinking of doing. (part 1)

Watched your vid on youtube. Sweet. Made a comment. I grew up near there. Know the wildlife :heart: and the people.   :huh:  Great job on the build.