Hello from Redondo Beach, CA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachplease

Reaction score
Heading out soon on my first longer term boondocking trip.  I've done it for a night or two before.  Trying to buildout the back of my pickup with a bed and storage.  keeping things minimal is the challenge.  Planning a road trip to Sacramento, through norcal and into Oregon, returning back to norcal and socal.  Longer term means considering building out a cargo trailer and making it a more permanent thing, working as i can from the road.

Welcome to the CRVL forums beachplease! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I live right nearby you. As in I’m writing from Riviera Village.
I’m not going back on the road until I can afford a used Class B. I’m pretty desperate to leave the South Bay. I don’t know if you’re taking the 5 to Sacto but it’s gonna be warm ? so enjoy. I was in a car and it was pretty uncomfortable in the heat.
Happy trails!

I'm down in south Orange County, a little less than an hour south of you with decent traffic.

Welcome to Cheap RV Living!

LERCA said:
I live right nearby you. As in I’m writing from Riviera Village.
I’m not going back on the road until I can afford a used Class B. I’m pretty desperate to leave the South Bay. I don’t know if you’re taking the 5 to Sacto but it’s gonna be warm ? so enjoy. I was in a car and it was pretty uncomfortable in the heat.
Happy trails!
Howdy, neighbor.  some of the class b vans i've seen are pretty sweet.  i have a pickup so starting there.  plan to build out a cargo trailer in the future.  i plan to head out  week.  a friend in sac is going to help me build a bed and storage in the back of my pickup and then i want to head further into norcal for a week or so.  i have an interview for some remote work based in that area.  the goal is to visit some areas i have not yet been to.  cheers.