Hello from OKlahoma

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolhandlinc

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Life is good and gets better each day.

My favorite fish to eat is crappie! HMMMM good. Then next is hybrid bass and then perch. good eatin

I am been watching the videos all on that video channel. My brother is planning to make RTR 2019. So I am interested in supporting him. Lots of questions. My first question is about life after RTR and places to camp. Are length and clearance issues a big deal? I notice van's seem a preferred mode of camping and wondering how a RV would fare, Can any of you old timers link me to a thread(s) on such subjects?

Welcome koolhand to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome to the forum... it's great to have you here.

I love fishing, and there's plenty out west.

Eating fish is good too.

There are lots of RVs out in the Quartzsite area. Many more than vans.

koolhandlinc said:
Lots of questions. My first question is about life after RTR and places to camp. Are length and clearance issues a big deal? I notice van's seem a preferred mode of camping and wondering how a RV would fare, Can any of you old timers link me to a thread(s) on such subjects?

You'd get better luck getting responses if you didn't refer to us as "old timers."  LOL  Dang, I was thinking about answering and then I almost refused because I don't want to be an old timer.  Shocking.  You'll find all age groups here.

The simple truth is, you can camp almost anywhere, even right where you are.  Length and clearance aren't that big of an issue.  How much it costs to take your rig from one place to another might.  A bigger rig will take more fuel.  Vans are nice because they fit in stealthy in town yet have enough room to move around in, but there are people who live in their cars, even as small as a Prius.  So it's interesting how people are creative in the ways they do this.

My suggestion is to just go camping.  Maybe take a tent if you haven't figured out how to sleep in your vehicle yet.  Seize the moment and go.  You don't need fancy equipment.  You don't need a sleeping bag.  Just grab a blanket or two, toss a few sandwiches in a bag and go.

Good luck!