Hello from hot Holiday Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calibound

Reaction score
As the title says I currently reside in Holiday Florida where it is currently 90 degrees at 9pm. I relocated from Ohio last August after my daughter graduated college. I plan on traveling the country after finishing school in a couple years. In the meantime I would like to meet up with other van dwellers and compare notes on what I need to accomplish on my setup (91 GMC Vandura) for traveling the country.  Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Dave

Attachments

• 20160727_205727.jpg
    20160727_205727.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the CRVL forums Calibound! We have some members who live in Florida. Hopefully they'll chime in and give you some good tips on finishing your van and maybe some good camping spots too!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hey Dave, welcome! BTW, it was 108 here in central Cali today. But it was a dry heat, so it was ok ('dry' means that when you cook an egg in a pan on a sidewalk in the sun, it cooks a little faster than in Fl, where you don't have this great dry heat..... I think there's a RTR in October somewhere in the southeast - that would be a great place to meet up with a bunch of other like-minded souls & pick some brains.

Welcome to the forums Dave! Looks like you're still in a house, so you'll probably have bandwidth to watch YouTube vids...

Check out this site's channel...work through the older stuff too as there's tons of van builds and interviews on there. Once you get an idea of what you'd like to do, don't hesitate to ask questions here  :)

Enigmatic Nomadics Channel

Many of us like sunny Florida. Been here for life, plan to die here. But I do like seeing other places. North Florida is a bit cooler.

The east has been hot. I can cook an egg on my hood. The humidity this week limits it to poached.

I'm in North Florida but living in a tiny home, with A/C :) Use a lot of the same ideas from here for my tiny home and it works well.

Finally cooling down here in FL. Anyway, getting closer to my dream of traveling the US. I think I'm going to go to RTR in January and San Diego for a week and probably Vegas. I'll be bringing my dog and hope to meetup with some of the folks here. Anyway the Vandura has now entered the 21st century when I added remote door locks, aftermarket radio and speakers. Also painted the top white with rustoleum and bought an edge star 43 12v fridge. Still need solar panels and batteries, but will wait until I get to rtr. Anyway, hope everyone is staying cool or warm.

Latest posts