Hello everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florida8th

Reaction score
My name is Bob and I am considering getting into van dwelling and I have a question that I am not certain of and that is whether to buy a cargo van or a conversion van and whether to get a GM or Ford product.
Also I am a type 2 diabetic and need to see a doctor every 3 months is it still possible for me to become a vandweller thank you.

Welcome aboard !
You are the one that has to decide what is right for you.
Post what you find and get some responses if it is a goodun.

Hopefully some of us that have the same diabetic requirements as you will post how they are doing it.

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard !
You are the one that has to decide what is right for you.
Post what you find and get some responses if it is a goodun.

Hopefully some of us that have the same diabetic requirements as you will post how they are doing it.
My diabetes is the only thing that I had to worry about, I could buy a Dometic refrigerator to keep my insulin cool it's just seeing a doctor every 3 months with limit me for traveling so I'm thinking somewhere around Arizona and New Mexico would be perfect, are there any good mail forwarding services in those areas that anyone would recommend and some place that I can have a physical address for my vehicle registration and driver's license?[WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Welcome, always great to see another Bob :)

Regarding what to buy...some like Ford some GMC some Dodge etc. Some want to start blank with a cargo van others an already completed conversion. Don't get what somebody else thinks you should, satisfy yourself. Best of luck.

florida8th said:
My name is Bob and I am considering getting into van dwelling and I have a question that I am not certain of and that is whether to buy a cargo van or a conversion van and whether to get a GM or Ford product.
Also I am a type 2 diabetic and need to see a doctor every 3 months is it still possible for me to become a vandweller thank you.
Welcome Bob,
Have you checked out Bob's youtube channel or the other subjects at the top either as the main subjects here or the Forums?  His youtube channel is here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAj7O3LCDbkIR54hAn6Zz7A  I believe you could do great with many health problems in a van.   Why not?  Just be prepared, carry extra meds, make friends, and you are off!  Do you have specific questions?  If so they want you to look up the specific subjects and ask questions through new threads.  I am new too, so just learning myself.

Welcome Bob to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

The high top in a conversion van, as well as the bathroom, etc are good if you are in area that needs some privacy.  I prefer being in areas that **don't** need it and prefer using a shovel to cleaning out a blackwater tank.  You should find being outdoors more has a positive effect on your diabetes but diet control can be a bit tougher.  A 12v freezer used with a cooler for a refrigerator helps a lot with this.  Cellphone and 3g internet frequently available, you make wish to make this a criteria when selecting sites so that you have access to 911, at least until you get comfortable with your routine.

Latest posts