Hello errrbuddy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoDelMontana

Reaction score
Hi guys, my nickname/trail name/etc is Taco. I live in CA, bouncing around between LA, Yosemite, and the Eastern Sierra. I finally bought a van and I'm building it up so I may live out of it for the long-term.

He's a 1976 Ford Econoline (302), 2wd with a big fiberglass shell on top. Probably has about eleventy billion miles on him, but he's cool. I decided to name him George. I lost my last car Klaus to a flash flood in the mountains, so the name thing is going on or whatever.

Been lurking on here for a year or so now. Looking to learn about cooking, hygiene, and all the subtleties that make vanlife fun.

I'll be doing some short trips to the hills before May, when I'll move out full-time and head up north. Planning on hiking part of the JMT with some friends, soloing some stuff in Yosemite, then driving up north to Seattle-ish, climbing most of the Cascade Volcanoes along the way. I'm looking forward to this challenge.

Thanks for making this community, guys.

Cheers

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Taco! Glad you found us!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

We're glad you're here Taco. I'd love to follow your adventures so start a log so we can live vicariously!

Pictures, lots of pictures!
Bob

Sounds like you have lots of wonderful plans. I am new as well. Have a great day.