Heavy duty Battery charger recommendations 3200 watt generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByeBye

Reaction score
Best one for traveling, in midrange prices, not top end but not cheapest 

TIA

To charge WHAT ?????...…….

For the VAN's battery I carry an Auto-store $50 Schumacher....10 amp charge/50 amp starter...….for when I leave the radio ON for a week
I just plug that into the house inverter

To charge the House Bank on cloudy days...I have a 35 amp no-name Converter/Charger....permanently wired....just needing a little generator

Just to charge truck batteries...sorry. I have an inverter/converter/charger in the camper.

I also have a Schumacher. It doesn't have a boost feature, but has been used heavily and not always treated well. The cords store inside the unit. It looks a lot like this one. I think mine is 2A/6A/10A. It can figure out that a battery has problems and will shut itself off. On deep discharged starting batteries, it has always needed a couple gos. It doesn't work very well on two batteries at once.

I carry a antique Schumacher 2/10/50 charger for the chassis battery in case I get stranded but I have a much smaller battery than the two for your diesel. It is what the batteries will accept in current that matters. Remember the three stages of charging.

Latest posts