Heading for AZ tomorrow boondocking area suggestions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcor

Reaction score
I am leaving southern Nevada for AZ in the morning. Any suggestions for good boondocking spots.
Cottonwood? Winslow? Too hot still for the Colorado river and lower part of AZ. I have been in Utah for a few weeks. Would like to meet up some the group also.

Thanks

There's a group of us by Winslow, but we are leaving Monday headed over to the stretch of Rt66 that runs up thru Peach Springs, then over toward Laughlin/Bullhead and points south along the Colorado River at a leisurely pace.
You're more than welcome to join us for any or all of the tour.

If you go with the jay and Margie gang, be prepared. You never know if you may need Money guns and lawyers with this wild bunch.

Dragonfly

Are they really that wild? I don't mind a little fun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I found some good spots on Union Mountain on the south side of Prescott. The mountains to the east are good, too. Most of the forests up here have good Verizon signal, too.

I made it to Seligman parked behind large service station market after asking employee she said fine. Heading to Williams or beaumount tomorrow I have stayed at both of those sites before the RTR in July.

There's a small, free campground about 5 miles S of Winslow on Hwy. 99 called McHood (County Park). I passed it one time for future reference, but didn't stay. https://freecampsites.net/#!2800&query=sitedetails

If you're in the Winslow area and haven't seen it, check out the Winslow Meteor Crater, 18 mi. W from Winslow as the crow flies, or 25 miles by road (easy). The metorite that created it was estimated to be 160 ft in diameter.

I am just north of Williams just past the lake. I stayed here before. Anyone down in the Cottonwood / Sendona area? Still would Like to meet up with some other members.

I just left from the Sedona/Cottonwood area.....I would've loved to meet you. I was on FR525 (about 4 miles in, I think) off of the 89A. It was gorgeous with amazing views. I highly recommend it.

Wheelestate that would be good. I am less than 10 minutes from Williams. I will pm my phone number. Are you guys headed towards Peach Springs? A good spot there? You can just call or message me. Will meet at Safeway?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thank you to Tomcor. He is coming out tomorrow to help us stragglers here on 185 with some problems we need help with.

Diane

Don't know yet, we will let you know. Hoping to get it closed down here in the next few days. We aren't to proud to ask for help if we need it.

Update spent the last 3 nights in Flagstaff BRRR! 28 degrees at night. In Cottonwood now, great temperatures here. Off FR525.

Leaving Cottonwood tomorrow heading to Prescott area. Anyone camping near there?
Or any suggestions for dispersed camping near Prescott.

Thanks for any help.

Latest posts