Has anyone used these batteries

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the Enloop rechargables for a long time and they are great. Everyone says they are the best, but I don't have anything to compare them to. Amazon.com has started to sell rechargables under there own name, and&nbsp; I have bought some. So far they seem every bit as good as Enloops for much less money. But I haven't had them long enough to know for sure.<br><br>Be aware that the rechargables don't last as long as throw-aways. I have a small portable radio that is on all the time. Energizer throw-away AAs last about 3 weeks, while the Enloops AAs last less than 2 weeks. BUT, I can simply recharge the Enloops and have to buy new Energizers! Over the course of a year, that is a huge savings!! <br><br>Rechargables also have different characteristics when they die. With Alkalines, they just slowly fade away and give you a good warning. With Enloops, the radio will start to loose volume, and will be totally dead within an hour. So you want to have extra rechargables that are charged and waiting to be used. Then, when the batteries run down, you put the back-up set in the radio and put the dead set in the charger. <br><br>It's also worth the money to buy a better charger (LaCrosse is a good brand). A good one will not only charge them faster, it will test them and treat them so they last much longer. It will even take a failing battery that is almost ready to throw away, and repair it, extending its service life. You are spending a lot up front, but if you use many batteries you will get the money back very quickly&nbsp; and save lots of money over the long run.<br><br>I have some of the cases that turn 2 AA batteries into a D battery, but I have never used it. I only have one&nbsp; D cell item, and I rarely use it, so I decided to just keep buying Alkaline batteries for it. It seems like it would be a hassle to change/charge the batteries all the time. But D cells are so expensive that if you use many of them it would save you a lot of money.<br><br>Bottom line; Buy a set of the Amazon.com batteries and some D cell adapters and give them a try. Let us know what you think. Bob<br><br>

Thanks Bob. They have good reviews. I'm using the case ones(D) for the fans I bought. I have so many rechargeable AA batteries so it made sense to buy the cases. I'll post how they work when I use them.