Happy Thank's Giving

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim solo

Reaction score
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season.
Hey, what are your favorite fixings for thanks giving meal ?
Mine : Turkey roasted, home made stuffings, Mashed potatoes,
Gravy on every thing. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
My family is actually skipping a big meal this year because we just had a big ceremony and reception for my parent's wedding vow renewal. 53 years!

my dad got me into oyster dressing but i cant find anyone that seems to share
that desire with me (i.e. wife). happy thanksgiving to all as well!

LOL,  my Grandad got me into it.  He loved the stuff.  But today I stick with my Gandma's sage dressing made with Brownberry's Herb Stuffing mix.  As a Kid I helped her shred loaves of bread to sit out and stale.  She'd use the Turkey broth and real sage to make dressing  that will always be sweet in my Thanksgiving memories. 

Last time I tried making Oyster Dressing I cut the oysters into smaller pieces.  MAJOR mistake.  When I ate of it it was like I'd eaten a handful of pumice grit.  Took a couple of weeks before I was right again.  I never really learned how to make oyster dressing from my Grandmother.

I love turkey dinner but not in the mood to make that kind of a feast this year. I have been craving making a big pot of homemade chili. I don't do it very often but that with cornbread and maybe I will also make a few Tex Mex cheese enchiladas with it as well. Chips and guacamole, who knows, perhaps that too. I have invited a friend to come over telling him "I know you don't like all the traditional holiday fuss so why don't you come over for some chili". It made him happy to hear the menu. One reason is he stops at a local pub at least once a week for a turkey with cranberry sandwich. Which means chili is far more exotic of a meal.

Latest posts