Hanging out in Lake Havasu

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perseverance

Reaction score
Hi! Do people hang out in Lake Havasu before the Van Build and RTR?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Cattail Cove State Park used to have reduced rates up until the first of the year. Some of the best hot showers we have ever found, electricity, water at the site plus a dump station and launch ramp. Not a bad place to charge up after boondocking with cloudy skies for a day.

Some people do. A common place is BLM dispersed camping in Craggy Wash. The access road is just past the north end of the airport. 34.585050, -114.368372

Of course, it's not like there are people with big signs saying "HI! WE'RE WAITING FOR JAMIE's VAN BUILD AND RTR."

Yes, people hang out there all winter long if they want to.

Be careful though that if you're planning on attending Jaime's build party that you're not within the 25 mile radius of where the build is going to be - I'm not sure where the build is though so you need to check that out for yourself.

bullfrog said:
Cattail Cove State Park used to have reduced rates up until the first of the year. Some of the best hot showers we have ever found, electricity, water at the site plus a dump station and launch ramp. Not a bad place to charge up after boondocking with cloudy skies for a day.
Thanks, bullfrog[emoji3]

MrNoodly said:
Some people do. A common place is BLM dispersed camping in Craggy Wash. The access road is just past the north end of the airport. 34.585050, -114.368372

Of course, it's not like there are people with big signs saying "HI! WE'RE WAITING FOR JAMIE's VAN BUILD AND RTR."
Haha[emoji3] Thanks

Almost There said:

Be careful though that if you're planning on attending Jaime's build party that you're not within the 25 mile radius of where the build is going to be - I'm not sure where the build is though so you need to check that out for yourself.
I was just there at Shea Rd.

Almost There said:

Thanks

jamie's last video talked about latest developments, and mentioned about 7-miles out, but without giving GPS coordinates. I've not been out there, but looking on google maps, it looks like you can boondock just about anywheres along that road for miles. Why not go up to Craggy Wash at Lake Havasu for a bit, and maybe bop up to Oatman. Pretty soon you'll know all the good places.

RVer TV on youtube has a video giving directions to this years build out.

QinReno said:
jamie's last video talked about latest developments, and mentioned about 7-miles out, but without giving GPS coordinates. I've not been out there, but looking on google maps, it looks like you can boondock just about anywheres along that road for miles. Why not go up to Craggy Wash at Lake Havasu for a bit, and maybe bop up to Oatman. Pretty soon you'll know all the good places.
Thanks

So how are you liking LHC? It's the only place west Phoenix in AZ that has so much on offer. I like it for a small city.

Perseverance said:
Thanks

I just might go to Oatman[emoji106] Any boondocking that way? Would love to see the Donkeys[emoji3]

QinReno said:
So how are you liking LHC? It's the only place west Phoenix in AZ that has so much on offer. I like it for a small city.
I like it here! A bit to warm for me but I hang out at the Lake during the day til sunset and really enjoy[emoji3][emoji604]

Good you are liking the area. I imagine October is still very warm in that area, due to the lower elevation. When I was there in March, central AZ was extremely cold (20s at night in Payson), but LHC was just great.

I did not boondock there, but freecampsites shows such on the road south out of Oatman. Miles of outback. Have lunch at the old historic Oatman Hotel. If you're towing a trailer or driving a big rig, do **not** go on the Sitgreaves Pass road between Oatman and Kingman.
- https://freecampsites.net/#!oatman+az
- https://freecampsites.net/#!28682&query=sitedetails

all kinds of BLM land around Oatman. you can also get a camping permit from the tribe and camp on the river, sandy beaches. you need a 4x4 to get close to the water. highdesertranger