Hand-held power generation; kraftwerk

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flailer

Reaction score
Hand-held power generation; kraftwerk

Compact, USB, charger, Camp-gas or Lighter-fluid powered.  $150,  Available at the end of the year: 

Promo info:
Kraftwerk - highly innovative portable power plant
A totally new energy supply technology for mobile electronic devices. Efficient and remains independent from the power grid. Kraftwerk enables you to generate your own energy using a small, handy device – in such large amounts that you can run your iPhone, tablet, or even your GoPro camera for weeks.
The small and “highly efficient” device is refilled using standard camping gas or commercially available lighter gas. Just spray some gas in using a canister and it can be used immediately after it’s filled up.
A single filling gives you enough energy to recharge an iPhone 11 times. It can also be used to power anything that can recharge with a USB cable.

The eZelleron team revealed that shipments for the device will begin in December 2015.

http://hellokraftwerk.com/

Sorry if this is a re-post.  I did a quick forum search but came up with nada.   

That is very interesting. I wonder how much the fuel would cost if it were used heavily on a regular basis.

I'd be t a bit pricey for one, a can of fuel is about $5.00 on the street these days.

They offer no information on run time and amount of fuel used for that given run time :(

Guessing lithium technology for the main battery, and since it's hand held maybe 3000mah capacity for that.

Minimum recharge of a 3000 mah battery at 2c is 30 mins.

IDK good luck to them.

Not that we should trust their marketing blurb, but it stated 11 cell phone charges from a single filling of gas.   Also I didnt see any statement about it holding a charge (having a battery), just generating a charge.

All that said, it isnt even a real product yet, if ever.

why not just use one of those camp stoves that do this? like this one that uses small wood pieces. http://biolitestove.com/ . there are several of these around if you search. some use wood some use propane, some use butane. why not just use a small solar panel? highdesertranger

Ahh I get it. a heat charger. I bet you could make your own out of a old hand warmer.

jimindenver

"..... make your own out of a old hand warmer."

that's an interesting idea. How would you do that?

Latest posts