Green Beastie...2005 Minivan Conversion...and Launched!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Last year I bought a 2005 Chevy Uplander Minivan with the intent of doing a very simple conversion to get on the road this Spring. I just launched and will be sharing my story on a different thread. Let's just say, challenging!

My son-in-law built a bed and shelves, and neither of us knew what we were doing except for watching YouTube videos and reading all of Bob's stuff. I've been researching for a few years. The shelving is modeled after one I found in one of Bob's articles.

The floor is just a piece of 8x4' plywood laid over the existing floor, it fit perfectly except the back corners that had to rounded off.

The bed and shelving unit are bracketed to the floor.

The seats came completely out leaving a fairly flat floor.

It's not cool or complex like some of the conversions out there (I'm jealous!) but I thought it'd be good to share for anyone else starting out simple. 

I'll be posting more pics on my personal facebook page, I don't mind friend requests if you identify yourself as from CheapRVLiving. 

I am by no means computer illiterate but I cannot for life of me figure out how to post more pics!!!  :s
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/mary.telesha

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    55.5 KB
CoachOnTheRoad said:
I am by no means computer illiterate but I cannot for life of me figure out how to post more pics
Post a gallery to imgur, lots of helper apps for every OS.

Then you just post links to pics or the whole gallery on as many sharing platforms as you like.

Congrats on just getting it done and getting out there!! Sometimes simple is best!! (Okay, most times)