Great Pet Story I Heard

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman2300

Reaction score
I was watching a show "Windows to the Wild" because they were going up a trail I had been up several years ago. The host had a guest with him that had lost his sight years before to a disease that slowly blinded him. This guy didn't need help to climb using his feet to feel his way along the trail.

So they get to the top of the mountain and sit together discussing this blind man's life and how he manages to thrive even with the disability. Eventually the blind man asks "If there were a sight you could pick knowing it would be the last thing you saw before the disease finally made your world black what do you think you would want it to be?" The host couldn't decide but the blind man told him what his last sight was and here's what he said: I was visiting my doctor with my guide dog at my side. At that point all I had was a small pin hole of sight left. As my doctor was talking and my dog was laying at my feet the pin hole closed and it was dark. I knew it would eventually happen but it still surprised and shocked me. My dog stood up and put his head on my lap to see if I was OK. Instinctively I looked down even though I couldn't see and the pin hole opened up for just a second. I saw my beautiful  dog's face looking at me, a face of total care and concern for me. That was the last image I ever saw and I couldn't have chosen a better one.

There's nothing like having a devoted dog by your side! Hope you pet owners out there like this story.......

You're right, that is a very cool story. Thnx for sharing!

O that is a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it. There is nothing like the unconditional love of a dog!