Got a knock today, Flagstaff Wal-Mart

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unicutie said:
Well he wasn't just going to the vans, he seemed to be going around to every vehicle that had stayed overnight.

This is almost always generated by a local who is complaining. Trust me, the managers are way too busy to care unless they are getting complaints, or there is some trouble, or one of the overnighters has left a mess or trash they had to clean up. 

Sad but true.

At the end of the day, we have no right to stay on private property. It is always at the discretion of the property owner/manager.
I never got flustered at being asked to leave. I wouldn't want someone camping on my front lawn no matter how tidy they were.
Besides, it's not like it's hard for us to move locations, haha. Just be pleasant and move on for now.

I note that in my base of operations,  that many municipalities are the ones enforcing the "No Overnight Parking" at Wal-Marts. Oft times, as noted above, this is brought on by police reports of slobs and panhandlers. Another concern, in this Age of Irresponsibility, property owners have no desire to be held vicariously liable for bad things happening to "residents".