Goodbye

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of posts get deleted. And I check to make sure they got posted. Some of them have been questions. One of them was just a 4-digit number for someone.

I don't know if it's accidental, deliberate, control-freaking, or incompetence. People will get tired of it and fade away. Too bad, so sad.

I'm not sure where you get your inside information from, TrainChaser. We don't delete posts haphazardly.
Nor do we delete a lot of posts. The only time a question would be deleted would be if it was offensive or perhaps political or religious.

If you posted a 4 digit number and it was deleted it would have been because a 4 digit number, posted by itself would make no sense.

The forum's been around for a long time. Almost 7 years. People come and people go. It's the nature of the beast. And yet there are members here that have been with us from the beginning

Cyndi I have a question:

The warning level indicator we all see, is there a range of warnings or does it go instantly from 0% to 100% and poof your gone?

Or is there any kind of 'probation' or grace period if someone does cross the line?

Just asking...it helps to know the parameters.

Thanks.

As I understand it's a range but is rarely if ever used.

cyndi said:
I'm not sure where you get your inside information from, TrainChaser. We don't delete posts haphazardly.
Nor do we delete a lot of posts.  The only time a question would be deleted would be if it was offensive or perhaps political or religious.
<-------->
The forum's been around for a long time. Almost 7 years. People come and people go. It's the nature of the beast. And yet there are members here that have been with us from the beginning
I have actually seen non offensive posts vaporized here in the past, but maybe because there were also posts that lead up to it that were vaporized before a lot of us got to see them? That would lead to unanswered questions in the minds of many.
When it gets to a point that some of us are afraid to post anything for fear of unwittingly offending somebody else, that can lead to a hostile environment.
Just my two cents, and if you wish to delete it, who am I to argue?

let me try to explain this one more time, posts get deleted for the following reasons,
1. they are offensive
2. they are belittling
3. they have nothing to do with living in vehicles
4. they are off the rail and have nothing to do with the original posters question
5. they are not following forum rules
6. they have quoted a post that got deleted
7. they are grouping people into one size fits all as in "ALL of these people do this or that"
8. they posted in the wrong forum, this happens often in the women's forum. if it's a thread in the wrong place I try to move it
9. they are bickering back and forth
if someone complains about their posts being deleted I try to get to the bottom of it as I did in this thread. like I said I could only find one of the OP posts that had been deleted, in the last month. everyone gets posts deleted it's not a big deal unless you are being cruel. I have had plenty of posts deleted. if you are being a pain in the ass that little warning level % will let you know. if you are at zero you are fine maybe you ain't right but you are fine. highdesertranger

I've never used the warning level indicator. As I understand it only the mods, admins and the member being warned see the level.

You'd be warned before you were put on moderation or banned.

What I am seeing seems to  be a semi rare forum glitch/hickup  

Like the PM's vanishing I experienced.  

I dont even think it is all moderators removing posts.  Some just vanish into pixel land.  

I have the same problem in my cell phone.  Things go through, then they are gone, and the techs act like they are too buisy to chase a ghost.

Latest posts