Good summer spots around Sedona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogear52

Reaction score
It looks like I'll have to hang around this area this summer getting the hang of this new nomadic life thing. Are there some decent spots around Sedona/ Flagstaff/Prescott area with good scenic subject matter for photography, drawing painting near by? Beware of monsoon season?

I'll be headed to Cottonwood next weekend for a while. Good camping near there.
Flag has some nice places, as does Williams.
Haven't been to Sedona or Prescott in years.

Sedona has some great photo ops...stunning rock formations.
Az in general is full of great places to whip out your camera or draw/paint.

Cooler summer here is all about the right altitude.

Sedona is way to hot in the summer for me. Lots of great camp spots around the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Williams, AZ.
Bob

akrvbob said:
Sedona is way to hot in the summer for me. Lots of great camp spots around the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and Williams, AZ.
Bob

Grand Canyon north rim is on my short list of places to get to. Been to the south rim a number of times. The higher elevation of the north rim would probably be great for summer.

Thanks folks. I'm assuming high temps are in the 90s and it's a dry heat which I like. After years of St Louis and Kansas City summers I should be ok, but it's nice to know I can change that via altitude swap.

dogear52, I just came across your thread. I, too, stayed in Missouri where it's miserable in the summer. Have you found a good summer spot in Arizona where it wasn't too hot?