Good mechanic in Cottonwood AZ??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Cat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good but inexpensive mechanic in Cottonwood, AZ (or in that general area) who could diagnose and fix minor steering and braking issues on a small 1995 Chevrolet G30 type RV?

-Chris

Last year when I was up that way I took my old suv to Camelot RV Park for some work. I had a very good impression of the manager Steve and the work that was done, such that had I found the used RV I was in the market for at the time they would have been my first choice for a pre-purchase inspection.
(928) 634-3011 , 651 N Main St, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 .

I also had some work done by A & B Motors at an earlier time, 335 S Main, (928-634-3297). A quality shop but probably not the ''inexpensive'' you're looking for.

My memory is Bob Wells had a very good experience with a shop in Cottonwood a few years ago, perhaps you can search the site for that article/blog.

Lastly, could stop by Dead Horse Ranch state park and ask one of the rangers for local advice.

Hoot said:
My memory is Bob Wells had a very good experience with a shop in Cottonwood a few years ago, perhaps you can search the site for that article/blog.

Lastly, could stop by Dead Horse Ranch state park and ask one of the rangers for local advice.

The place that Bob used 4 years ago closed their Cottonwood location in favor of only keeping their Camp Verde shop open. I had front shocks installed by them. I can't definitively say that they didn't do the job properly but I  had one shock break at the mounting bracket within 500 miles and had to have it replaced in Needles. I've never had a shock break  on me like that no matter the condition of the road. Again, I can't say that it was their fault but still!

Wow, you hit the jackpot!
You got half as many suggestions as this whole thread since it's origin.
You are in the right place for asking this audience and at the right time too  :D

But that could just be a paid endorsement, do we actually trust AAA these days?

Let us know what you come up with. My friend and I are going to head up to that general vicinity soon, most likely him before me. I need front end work done.

something that simple see if you can fix it yourself first.

it could be out of alignment but if you have braking problems fix that first and see if it still pulls. change your brake fluid, check for leaks, bleed your brake lines, check the pads, shoes for wear, brake fluid on calipers/drums, etc.

From a local:

Clay over at Premier Auto 928-649-9800. Reasonable and honest.

Went to that shop and was very impressed with how clean it is. Had a LOF done and next month is water pump, timing set and gasket and the tranny cooler lines. Prices are affordable too. Obviously I'm going back again.

Headache said:
Went to that shop and was very impressed with how clean it is.  Had a LOF done and next month is water pump, timing set and gasket and the tranny cooler lines.  Prices are affordable too.  Obviously I'm going back again.

Glad to hear it. :)  We feel the same.

He's definitely on my return list. If it wasn't so hot down there now I'd be going back to have the rest of the work done. My only issue isn't with him, its that Cottonwood doesn't have a single motel that will allow a cat! Wish there was a Motel 6 there! It's not always a couple hour repair job!

Headache said:
He's definitely on my return list.  If it wasn't so hot down there now I'd be going back to have the rest of the work done.  My only issue isn't with him, its that Cottonwood doesn't have a single motel that will allow a cat!  Wish there was a Motel 6 there!  It's not always a couple hour repair job!

I'm only 30 minutes from Cottonwood and may be able to help you out with a place to stay. I'll PM you my contact info.

mizjewels said:
I'm only 30 minutes from Cottonwood and may be able to help you out with a place to stay. I'll PM you my contact info.

Well apparently I'm an idiot because PMing you ended up PMing myself. How does that happen? So maybe you can PM me and I'll reply?