Good evening!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stude53

Reaction score
I'm Bob F. of North Carolina,<BR>and I'm interested in old cars, travel and someday, van dwelling.<BR><BR>This is a great site and I have visited often, just signed up.<BR>

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Hi Bob,</span></font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Welcome to this great group! &nbsp;...Glad that you've joined us.</span></font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Katie</span></font></div>

Welcome to the site, Bob...glad to have you...<br>Bri<br><br>

Hey Bob-<br>What part of N Carolina are you located...I'm here in Southside Virginia just over the line, north of Raleigh around Kerr Reservoir??<br>We're lone in the woods here in this part of the country...seems 90% of our cohorts of the Rubber Tramping persuasion are out luxuriating in the great American West!!!!<br>Stuck here with that great american investment: a brick &amp; mortar house I probably can't sell even if I wanted to. Anyway...this is a great board with super nice people!!! Just starting to look for a Class B, 1990's low mileage great condition...at a STEAL of a price! Yeah right!<br><br>

Welcome, I'm glad to see more of the east coasters here.&nbsp; Ed<br>

Hi bob, welcome to you from the mountains of upstate Ny. Glad you joined.
Les

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!<BR><BR>Katie, I've read your posts with empathy and interest. Keep chasing the dream, and you'll make it.<BR><BR>bk2, Your posts are spot-on and helpful.<BR><BR>10leman,&nbsp;Les H, and Dust, I now live about 45 miles south of Raleigh, NC. We East coasters need to stick together and bring other Easterners of like minds out of the shadows. However, the more I learn, the more I think the vandweller life is somewhat easier for those in the West, and I want to travel there.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Stude53,<br>Man you are so Right On about the vandwelling life being, if not easier, then certainly more appropriate or conducive to being OUT WEST...I can't quite figure the right word to use, but I sure wish I was based somewhere in maybe northern Arizona or Oregon/Washington/Utah/Nevada etc. BLM lands...wide open spaces...the attitudes of the Powers That Be versus East Coast ,,,Places to get lost away from the Madding Crowds. I've traveled around Nevada and Arizona only but they seem just the ticket for this lifestyle. Even in rural Virginia and North Carolina, everywhere is owned, monitored, overseen by somebody. I wonder how many of the people on this board are East Coast besides the several Stude53 just mentioned?? A Rubber Tramp Rendezvous in the east would need to be held in the Shoulder Seasons (I would think anyway) of April/May or September/October?? Not a statement, but a question??...would love to see this developed...if possible. Thoughts?<br><br>