GMC / CHEVY swivel seat in Ford van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpa pete

Reaction score
I just finished putting a rear seat swivel from a GMC conversion van into the front passenger seat of my 2001 ford conversion van .
A couple of notes on what I learned that might help the next " guy " .

Surprisingly  : the same company made both the FORD AND the GMC seats ; the seats had plates with multiple holes for use in different makes of vans...very easy to put FORD seat on top of GMC pedestal................................. .RE-Using the original hole drilled for the Ford floor plate CLOSEST TO THE ENGINE I only had to drill 3 holes AND was able to reuse the original Ford bolts .
The most difficult part was getting at the nuts under the van ; if you are working alone ; hold nuts with vice grips while turning bolts from above .

By rerouting the original wires I was able to keep the seat belt warning light working .
The bolt that held the seat belt to the side of the seat was the same size but I had to use a grinder on the bracket to put the Ford seat belt receiver on to the GMC swivel.
It took one full day to accomplish this with basic tools...The extra usable inside space is great .