GIRLS' ROOM: I need a solar power dictionary

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaah. *sigh of relief*

I think my "connect, disconnect..." thread cleared up what I really needed cleared up for now---as long as I refer to my notes I can't short anything out with operator error during install. I can't figure out my amp hours until I have a clue what kind of load I'll be running, but then it gets into simple math. (HAR, Har, har! :p) I'll just wait to ask somebody to do my math homework on that one. hehehe  All this without having to learn how solar actually works! :D

Hopefully there won't be too much of that math since it's really about how much solar will fit/is affordable, and then a battery bank sized to be taken care of by that amount---that will determine how much I can run.  Oh yeah, and the heaviest (smallest #) wiring I can actually use with the shortest run and the best connectors possible.  And figuring out which PMV(may have the letters wrong off the top of my head) or MPPT controller....Oh, here I go again....XXXXX

Now if only I could get the medical and other stuff shifted so I can actually start seriously looking for a van and making my plans! I'm ready NOW darnit! :mad: