Getting ready

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learning to change the generator oil myself is on my list of things to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just a warning be careful not to over tighten or cross thread the drain plug as many are in awkward or hard to reach locations with many screwing into aluminum.

Since you have that much money to spend,  you may want to find one of these NADA books for yourself.   Just keep it your secret and when you find a rig you like,  get off to yourself and check it's appraisal values. 

These are typically about car and truck values,  but they also for specialized vehicles such as RV's,  boats and marine equipment (such as outboard motors),  motorcycles, old vintage cars, etc.   You may find one that is a bit older but it would give you some idea if something is grossly overpriced. (hoping to find a sucker)   So shop wise.  

nada-rv-blue-book-values.jpg

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. I'm going to Tulsa next Friday to look at the Dynamax and have it inspected if I like it. Would you'll recommend having a mechanic check it out as well as the inspection? What insurance companies are good to use for RV's? How about extended service plan for a 1999 if it is affordable and I can find one?

;) I was reading over everyone's helpful comments and advice today in order to prepare for my trip to see the Dynamax. My insurance won't cover an RV if living in it full-time. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company? Once again, thank you for helping me to prepare to shop and buy an RV. I'll keep you posted.

Vonda, I’m afraid I might not be telling the exact truth about living in my RV fulltime. This might or might not work for you or even be a good idea

there are only a few companies that will insure full time users. it's been discussed here many times, I am no expert but I believe Good Sam, Escapees, and Formost will all sell full time insurance. I am sure others will chime in. highdesertranger

Latest posts