Getting house batteries close to 100% SOC

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the OP here. Not wanting to start any disputes by members trying to be helpful.
The way I see it it's mostly my finances that will dictate what I can do, as well as the van's roof square footage for solar.  
As long as I can install two or three 100W 12 volt panels I'll be happy. Sure a bigger grid tie panel would work but I will try to stick with something like a Renogy 100W.  Anyway, that, an MPPT controller and 2 golf cart batteries should work, even in the PNW area. 

Add in a fat wired (4 guage or bigger) alternator to solenoid wiring system and maybe a charger like this below (for the occasional RV park stop) and I should be ok:
The charger would be a bit overkill for a 100amp marine battery and perhaps a bit small for two GC's series cabled together...

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Stanley BC25BS 25 Amp High Frequency Bench Battery Charger with 75 Amp Engine Start, Alternator Check and Battery Reconditioning[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=small]4.4 out of 5 stars    118 customer reviews[/font][/size]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]30 answered questions[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]$59.98[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]