Future Campervan Bought

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwoebs

Reaction score
Picked up this 2013 Ford E350 extended passenger van with just 42,000 miles on its 5.4L (330CC) V8 engine.  Fair price at $19K.  Had it checked out and mechanically sound, brakes good, etc.  The tires were original, so I've had them replaced with BF Goodrich K02 AT tires.  Original picture with old tires, front view picture with new tires.  I think it looks better with the more capable tires.

Bob, I'm learning from your high top mistake and going with the best at a higher price.  Over Thanksgiving I take the long road from Texas to California and Fiberine adds a 30 inch super camper top with upper windows & some wood reinforcement.  Then Colorado for Thanksgiving with parents.  A friend is hired to do most of the camper conversion and she'll hire folks for some assistance when needed.  I plan on getting my hands dirty some, but still need to work those full-time hours to pay for it all.

I'll post updates as the build out occurs.  Quite happy with the vehicle.  May eventually change up to a locker on the rear differential (4x4 being so expensive).  I appreciate all the information on this site and YouTube.

See you on the road in 6 months

-Schwoebs

Attachments

• Van_Original_B.JPG
    Van_Original_B.JPG
    110.9 KB
  • Van_New_Tires_B.JPG
    Van_New_Tires_B.JPG
    192.7 KB
Congratulations!  Wow a 30” top, I think that requires detouring around highway bridges and tunnels!  :p

You may need supplemental oxygen up there...

Anyway have fun and welcome to the clan.  :shy:

This world isn\ said:
"You may need supplemental oxygen up there..."

Ha!  Yeah, it may be a bit excessive... But gets me a nice over cab storage space, plenty of insulation room, and my Dad at 6'2" and age 72 won't have to bend over constantly.  He will volunteer to escape home and road trip with me :)  Heck, dad is in better hiking condition than I am!

That should give you plenty of room to call home when you are on the road. Swanky almost...lol
Speaking of hiking shape, I ran across several on the Guadalupe Peak Trail that were probably mid to late 70's and no grass growing under their feet. Saw that on most trails everywhere I went actually.

Welcome to the forum! I loved my Econolines and was bummed when they stopped making them.

jimindenver said:
...I loved my Econolines and was bummed when they stopped making them.

They still make the E-series cab-chassis, (for motorhomes, box trucks etc) but not the E-series complete van.

And I'm not a Transit van fan...

Dennis said:
That should give you plenty of room to call home when you are on the road. Swanky almost...lol
Speaking of hiking shape, I ran across several on the Guadalupe Peak Trail that were probably mid to late 70's and no grass growing under their feet.  Saw that on most trails everywhere I went actually.

Yeah, Dad is 72 and did Ride for the Rockies with a friend a few years ago.  I have trouble keeping up with him!  One reason to stop cubicle working and get out of the city.

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum! I loved my Econolines and was bummed when they stopped making them.

I wonder what the sales figures would be like if they made both Econolines (full range) and Transits.  Would people go for the Euro economy or the ruggedness of the Econoline?

Latest posts