Furnaces created equal?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a couple of years ago when I was first researching van, life and diesel furnaces that there was an issue with the pump or the pump switch being noisy. Do you know if that continues to be an issue with furnace is presently or has that issue been addressed? Thanks!
It's the little pulse injection pump that clicks, some people wrap it with marine engine hatch insulatio, it wont get hot, it's just gets a electro-mechanical pulse that activates a plunger at the rate of Btu you desire. Look up a Youtuber named
Looking at getting a diesel furnace for my van. They are all near the same price point, $130, but are all of these Chinese furnaces at this price point created equal?

Follow up question; How do I determine how many BTUs I need for my 2014 standard size Econloline? I’m camping in Oregon right now and thru the winter. Temps will definitely get into the teens this season.

Any other cautions or advice?

Thanks gang!

look up a Youtube named David McLuckie, he has several teardown videos detailing how they work, how to clean the combustion chamber, how to quiet the clicking of the injector , etc. Everything you need to know about them if you are going to get into heating your space with a Chinese diesel heater, cant resist: HELLLLOOooooooo!