fuel line ? for HDR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travlinman and wife

Reaction score
how can I connect a rubber high pressure fuel line to to metal line. had a leak on 2000 f150 had to cut line and now need to connect straight line to rubber line.

travlinman and wife said:
how can I connect a rubber high pressure fuel line to to metal line. had a leak on 2000 f150 had to cut line and now need to connect straight line to rubber line.

You can use regular hose clamps with rubber hose temporary till you can get into a shop or where you can work on it. However, it's only temporay to move you truck. You need to replace with factory part. You should be able to find fuel injector line at local auto parts stores.

for long life I like to use reusable fitting and high pressure hose. like these,

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/an-fittings/-p-1623.html?osCsid=7ce7d3fdd71b50291afeaa2f5386c0f0

I don't know what ends you need. AN fittings are common for high pressure they make pipe to AN and flare to AN fittings. I have even brazed and TIG welded AN fittings to things that adaptors weren't available for. how is the end of the tubing. if it's a common size you could always flare it. I wouldn't use hose clamps except in extreme emergency. hose clamps might hold for a little while under high pressure but will fail sooner or later. can you post a pic of the tubing end? highdesertranger

If you mean fuel injection pressure lines. You need double flares at the minimum. Temporary repair to get to a shop, maybe double hose clamps with quality fuel line.